There are different types of meditation. You must know about these to choose the best one for you for a better personal health, physical as well as mental. However, to get the maximum benefit you will need to eat well and exercise regularly too. People struggling to improve their mental and physical health will see the most tangible results through meditation. It will reduce stress and grow an air of peace and calmness.
Different Types of Meditation
The following are the most popular types of meditation:
- Transcendental Meditation – This promotes the state of enlightenment, inner calmness, and least excitation.
- Heart Rhythm Meditation – This is a downward meditation for developing consciousness. It emphasizes on breathing.
- Kundalini – This is an upward mediation having different healing benefits.
- Guided Visualization – This is a comparatively new technique followed in spiritual healing, personal development, and stress relief.
- Qi Gong – This form of meditation improves respiration, posture, and the ability to relax. It is one of the oldest forms in the ancient Chinese culture.
- Zazen – This is a Zen Buddhist practice and means “seated meditation” to improve your judgmental thoughts.
- Mindfulness – This is a Buddhist practice to promote natural wisdom and proper understanding of the present. It helps in reducing anxiety and perceived distress.
Various Benefits of Different Types Meditation
There are various benefits of meditation as it fills every cell in your body with better life force. The physical benefits are:
- It lowers high blood pressure and levels of blood lactate
- It reduces anxiety attacks and tension related pain such as headaches, insomnia, ulcers and joint problems
- It increases serotonin production to prevent mood swings
- It strengthens your immune system
- It increases the level of energy.
The mental benefits include in Different Types of Meditation:
- It brings the alpha state in brainwave pattern to promote healing
- Your mind becomes fresh and delicate
- It decreases anxiety and improves emotional stability
- It increases creativity and happiness
- It develops your intuition
- It helps you to gain clarity and peace of mind
- It sharpens your mind.
Spiritual Benefits of Different Types of Meditation
Anyone regardless of faith and religion can do meditation. It helps in an effortless transition from simply being a person. It will help you to recognize your real self and merge with the infinite. You will consider yourself as an indispensable part of the entire cosmos.
The deeper essence of meditation is to make you a better human both mentally and physically with an enhanced spiritual enlightenment. When you are in a meditative state you enjoy the calmness and joy as you explore the serenity and beauty of the vast space. This helps you bring harmony to the creation and the planet.
Ideally, meditation helps in true personal transformation and you will know more about yourself.
Meditation Improves Your Life
You will lead an improved and meaningful life through meditation as it reduces stress. It promotes a mind where there is no agitation and helps you take charge of your emotions and nervous system.
It improves the level of concentration and focus and makes multitasking easier. With greater focus, you will have increased energy and enhanced memory retention ability.
You will lead a healthy lifestyle as you will eat healthy and fresh food. People even stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
Meditation practice will increase self-awareness. Even people inclined to commit suicide due to stress find a new meaning of life through meditation. You will recognize anger and will manage it better. You will have a clear and calm mind to reason better. Meditation increases happiness and acceptance. It also slows down the aging process.
It benefits immune health and cardiovascular activity inducing relaxation and by increasing nitric oxide to open up the blood vessels. This results in the drop in high blood pressure.
Apsawra Liza is the Co-founder and contributor to Health Eighteen. She loves blogging, traveling and share whatever observes around nature.